Tips to Write an APA Essay Format
Jul 04, 2017 by TopGradeEssay.com
What is actually an APA format? How to write an essay in APA format and are there any general rules and requirements for this style? While most college students are used to writing their papers in MLA style, graduates have often deal with APA essay format. For example, if you study in a psychology class, the chances of getting such assignment is rather high. Moreover, it is one of the most widely spread styles students have to consider every time they handle their daily academic assignments.
APA essay format is the official publication style that refers to the American Psychological Association. It is a common format for a variety of fields, subjects and disciplines and it is not limited by psychology classes only. Whether you study social science or education, you will certainly need to learn writing an essay in APA format. We do hope you will find some of our writing tips handy.
What Are the Rules for APA Format Essay?
Every time you are assigned to write an APA essay format, you will have to follow some basic rules and requirements in order to meet your professor’s expectations. This particular style has proved to be rather efficient for students who prefer writing papers on their own. If you have a look at a typical APA format essay example, you will notice that it actually helps to keep all key ideas and points of your paper together. At the same time, it makes it clear for the reader what he or she should expect from the content.
Have a look at some APAessay format example basics to avoid any difficulties when creating a flawless paper:
- Use 1-inch margins from all sides of your paper;
- Write content with double spaces;
- Do not forget to indicate a running head on every page of your paper;
- Page number on every page is obligatory for a flawless APA essay format;
- Title page is also required;
- Do not miss the reference list. It usually comes at the end of your APA essay format;
- All sources cited should be indicated in your reference list in the alphabetic order;
- Times New Roman 12 font is highly recommended;
- Include other parts of the paper like abstract, title page, introduction, body paragraphs, reference list, etc.
Please, note that the above-mentioned list contains basic rules. However, you still need to follow the instructions provided by the professor. If you were not assigned to write a title page, do not write it. If you feel like formatting a paper in APA style is too hard for you, feel free to ask us for help.